Does the thought of getting rid of clothes make you feel tired or anxious? Does it seem like too big a job to ever tackle?
Here are some ideas for accomplishing the same goal, getting rid of clothes you no longer wear. To start, pick the option that seems the easiest to do. When you’ve had success with that option, add another and another until your closet holds only clothes you love and wear at least once a year.
- Every time you buy a new garment, get rid of at least one older garment. This process will gradually replace the clothes that are no longer used with clothes that you will use.
- Every time you buy a new garment, get rid of at least two garments. This process will gradually thin out your wardrobe since there are more items going out than coming in.
- Look for clothes that are more than one size smaller than your current size and get rid of those clothes. Those clothes only make you feel sad that you are no longer that small size. If you do lose weight so you need clothes that small, you deserve to go out and buy some new clothes.
- Look for clothes that are more than one size larger than your current size and get rid of them. If you keep those clothes you are ready to get fat!
- Look for clothes that have been torn or stained and get rid of them.
- Look for clothes that are uncomfortable and get rid of them.
- Look for clothes that make you feel fat and get rid of them.
- Look for clothes that look unattractive on you and get rid of them, even if they cost a lot of money!
- Look for clothes that remind you of an unpleasant event and get rid of them. They only keep unpleasant memories alive!
- Commit to giving at least one clothing item to charities that request donations by sending pink and yellow bags in your mail every time you get a request.
The overall goal is to make sure that clothes are not only added to your wardrobe, but also leave on a regular basis. Change out your clothes as you change! Lighten your load and show the world who you are today!
© 2012 Clutter Clearing Community | Debbie Bowie
“Author, Organizing Expert and Feng Shui Practitioner, Debbie Bowie, is a leading authority on clutter clearing to attract more of what you want in life. If you’re ready to clear clutter and move your life forward, get your FREE TIP SHEET, “Feng Shui Tips for Instant Success” at http://www.clutterclearingcommunity.com.