“I can do this myself. Why should I pay someone else to do what I am capable of doing?”
You may be capable of doing that task, but are you getting it done? It’s very common for people to avoid tasks they’re capable of doing because:
* they hate doing it;
* they have little or no confidence in their ability to do it well;
* they really don’t know how to do it, but think they should;
* they have problems getting started on tasks that really aren’t a good fit for their abilities.
I am a competent writer. I thought I should be able to whip out a press release to announce my new business, Simply Organized, back in 1998. After avoiding the task for several months, I finally hired Linda Barrett of All the Buzz, a marketing consultant, to draft the press release. Not only did the press release get done, but Linda urged me to write my first booklet, “Simply Organized: The Art of Conquering Clutter,” to offer as a free gift to anyone who contacted me to inquire about my business. That booklet was my first product and has been a money-making product for me ever since. I paid the consultant for the press release, but I got so much more.
When I took that important first step to get help I learned several important things:
* I can save a lot of time and make more money if I work in my area of strength and pay others to do tasks that are not in my area of strength;
* I can get important tasks done that move my business forward faster when I outsource tasks that I cannot do, cannot do well, or have no desire doing at all;
* I usually end up with a result that is exponentially better than I could ever do myself; and
* in the process of getting help I develop relationships with some incredible people.
I also firmly believe we are all connected and have the opportunity to work together for a greater good. Why pass that up?
Get the help you need so you can make a bigger difference!
© 2012 Clutter Clearing Community | Debbie Bowie
“Author, Organizing Expert and Feng Shui Practitioner, Debbie Bowie, is a leading authority on clutter clearing to attract more of what you want in life. If you’re ready to clear clutter and move your life forward, get your FREE TIP SHEET, “Feng Shui Tips for Instant Success” at http://www.clutterclearingcommunity.com.