Independence Day! July 4th is in my sights and my mind drifted to freedom and independence. As Americans we are blessed with the freedom to determine our own life direction, to live as we choose within the limits of the law. What a blessing!
Being a professional organizer and organizer coach my thoughts naturally honed in on the effects of clutter on freedom and independence. I’ve worked with countless people who enjoy being free and living independently in the US, but who are imprisoned in clutter-filled homes and office spaces that keep them stuck in negative thinking, habits and patterns, unable to be their best selves living the best lives possible.
Clutter blocks freedom in the following ways:
- Clutter blocks the freedom to think clearly.
- Clutter blocks the freedom to make good decisions.
- Clutter blocks the freedom to move to a new home or office.
- Clutter blocks the freedom to see your strengths and design a life that fits with your strengths.
- Clutter blocks freedom to invite new, good things into your life.
- Clutter blocks the freedom and courage to take risks and step out of your comfort zone.
- Clutter blocks the freedom to access positive self-esteem.
- Clutter blocks the freedom to make good choices.
- Clutter blocks the freedom to enjoy time off because the weight of the clutter keeps you feeling like you should be doing something to address it.
I could go on and on. Clutter in any form blocks freedom to move forward with your life with confidence, courage, determination, and focus. Finding a way to purge clutter is a great investment in reclaiming freedom and greater independence.
If, despite your best efforts you have not been able to clear your clutter, consider seeking support from a professional organizer or an organizer coach. We are trained to help people reclaim their brilliance and freedom to move in a non-judgmental, empowering supportive process. If you’re ready to reclaim your freedom to be your best self, email me to schedule a 30 minute phone conversation to explore the possibility of working with me to clear clutter with hands-on organizing or coaching. Reclaiming your freedom begins with a single step!
Happy 4th of July!